Triathlon Australia and Triathlon Victoria have jointly undertaken significant work to plan the resumption of triathlon in our state. This is a constantly changing environment so whether you plan to compete at a triathlon event intrastate or interstate, please ensure you are familiar with the appropriate and most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.
Use the resources below to locate some of the COVID-19 information that you may need:
DHHS - LATEST UPDATES (Coronavirus):
TRIATHLON AUSTRALIA - RETURN TO SPORT
TRIATHLON VICTORIA -COVIDsafe EVENTS
As triathlon events resume around Australia, CCTS recommends that all coaches, the committee and club members undertake the COVID-19 infection control training provided by the Government (30 min module). Please use the link below:
Infection Control Training - COVID-19
Triathlon Australia - General Guidelines to Protect Against Infection
• Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer or use a hand sanitizer before and after.
• Do not share equipment.
• Bring a full water bottle and avoid touching taps or water fountains.
• If you need to sneeze or cough do so into a tissue, dispose of immediately, and sanitize. Or, cough/ sneeze into upper arm and sanitize.
• Arrive as close as possible to the start time or refer to any staggered start plans as per your group.
• Avoid touching gates, fences, handles etc.
• Do not attend if you or anyone in your household are not feeling well. Return once there is a full recovery and maintain communication with your club or coach.
• Follow directions as per physical distancing.
• Avoid contact with others.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Avoid spitting.
• Do not share food, drinks, equipment, or towels.
• Maintain social distancing when taking any breaks.
• Wear any gear to the session and leave as soon as possible after finishing and shower/change at home.
• Wash hands or sanitize thoroughly after leaving.
• Avoid changerooms.
• Clean equipment after each session.
• No groups should congregate before or after training
For more information download the Triathlon Australia
National Guidelines for the Resumption of Sport and Recreation Activities.